Albuquerque

Albuquerque
Click on photo for Hayley's website (she took the picture)

Monday, May 17, 2010

the things i kept:

a pair of his socks. i wear them sometimes, though i don't know why.

four of his white undershirts. i wear these, too. it makes me feel like i've won something.

one gray shirt i gave him. it made me feel better to take it back.

the diamonds and amethyst necklace he gave me, though i don't wear it anymore. i was crying when i took it off for the first time and he asked why. i told him it didn't work because he had told me it would protect my heart. i plan to wear it again someday, regardless. just not yet.

pictures of him. since i live alone, i have them up. everywhere. i like the ghosts, they keep me company.

the boxing glove keychains.

his old boxing gloves. i haven't had the nerve to try them on yet. i'll keep them for his children.

his engagement ring. i'll keep it for his wife.

koda's hair on my purple chair. i could clean it off, but choose not to.

his family contacts. i wrote to his grams yesterday.

a piece of lingerie i never had the nerve to wear.

open space.

time that stops.

sleepless nights.

a reoccurring dream where there's always water, so much water, a cat, and tiny cakes. i eat them all and she has none.


No comments:

Post a Comment